During the reign of Sultan Abdülmedjid, on the grounds of being timber and useless, demolishing of Besiktas Waterside Palace started in 1843 and the foundation of today’s Dolmabahce Palace laid down in its place.
Dolmabahce Palace, including the basement floor, is a three – storey structure. Despite of the distinct Western influence apparent in form, detail and ornamentation, the building is a work of Ottoman architects’ masterly interpretation of these impressions. On the other hand, the plan arrangement is an adaptation of traditional Turkish house in grandeur scale, constructed with stone external walls, brick internal walls and timber floors. Being open to the technology of its period, the Palace received its central heating and electrical systems during the years 1910 – 1912.
The Museum is open in between: 9.00-15.00 every day except Mondays and Thursdays
Entrance Fee: Selamlik (Official part) 30 TL – Harem (Privy Chambers) 20 TL – Common Ticket for both 40 TL